Sunday 14 October 2012

Gelicious Aphrodisiac and Konad Nail Design






Yes it has been a little long since my last post! 

I bought myself a Gelicious Nail Polish kit and wow, I am really impressed with the results and combines beautifully with Konad Nail Designs.  Yes it does take a little more time but the picture above is seven days after the initial application and still looks absolutely gorgeous!

The kit came with UV lamp, a top coat and a color.  Bought an additional couple of colors and a base coat.

When applying do not go right to the edge of the nail at the base.  I found the polish will spread out a little and by going right to the edge I found pooled a little ending up with a very think edge.


  1. Clean and buff nails.
  2. Do one hand at a time for the next steps
  3. Apply Gelicious Base Coat.  This is an optional step but one I prefer to use.
  4. Cure under UV lamp for 1 minute.
  5. Apply a thin coat of color.  My pick for this design is Aphrodisiac, a sparkly pink.
  6. Cure under UV lamp for 1 minute.
  7. Apply a second thin coat.
  8. Cure under UV lamp for 1 minute.
  9. Apply Top Coat.
  10. Cure under UV lamp for 2 minutes.
  11. Using a cotton ball and Acetone Nail Polish Remover, wipe over each nail.  This will clean off any sticky residue and leave a gorgeous shine.  At this stage the nails are stunning and can be left as is but I couldn't help but see how konad would work with the Gelicious polish.
  12. Using Konad Image Plate 51 with Konad Special Black Polish apply design.
  13. For the final Top Coat I used my standard OPI Nail Envy Nail Strenthener.
  14. Wait to dry and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment